PREPARING FOR A TENANT
We have created a checklist for you to use to ensure you and the property are ready for your tenants to move in.
• If you were a resident at the property, arrange to have your mail redirected to your new address
• Repair any damages or health and safety issues
• Smoke alarms need to be fitted to each floor of the property and need to be in full working order
• Carbon Monoxide alarms need to be fitted in all rooms used as living accommodation where solid fuel is used and in full working order
• Ensure the property is clean and presentable, the garden is maintained and any waste/recycle bins have been emptied
• Make sure the heating, plumbing and Electrics are in working order
• Leave instructions for all appliances.
• Ensure you have an upto date gas safety certificate in place and we would also recommend for an electrical inspection to be carried out