Application forms will need to be completed for each person who wants to become a tenant.
The information you will need to complete your application includes:
· A recent utility/council tax/mobile phone bill or a current tenancy agreement
· A photo style driving licence/passport
· If you are not an EU citizen you will need official evidence of permission to live in the UK until the last day of the tenancy
· Details of your current and previous addresses for the past 5 years
· Contact details for your current or previous landlord(s)
· Contact details for your current employers
It normally takes upto 10 working days for your application to be processed. You may be asked by us to get in touch with your employer if they are slow in providing a reference.
If you are applying for the tenancy jointly, then the tenancy cannot be approved until each and every applicant has successfully applied. Legally, you will each be liable for the whole of the rent and not just "your own share" however the credit reference company will assess your individual ability to pay the rent on a part share basis.
Assuming your application is successful we will set a date for you to attend our rental branch to sign the tenancy agreement. All of the tenants will need to attend the appointment or will need to sign the tenancy agreement in advance. Any Guarantor(s) will also need to attend the appointment or sign in advance.
You will be asked to ensure you that funds have been cleared in our account for the rent and deposit. You will not be able to pay by cheque on the day (you can normally pay by cheque in advance, to ensure funds are cleared upon signing).
The tenancy is not legally binding until it has been signed. If the landlord changes his mind or lets through another agent then unfortunately there is very little we can do. However, you should be refunded your application fees and we will make every effort to find you suitable alternative accommodation.
Click here to download your Tenant Application Form